Our New Reality
Updated: May 13, 2020
It's pretty crazy to think back to March 1, 2020. Going to work every day, running to Target to pick up a few quick things (OK maybe more than a few ;)), working out at the gym, going out to our favorite Cincinnati restaurant or brewery with friends and family, and attending celebrations like weddings and birthday parties. The last 2 months have brought many challenges, and a whole lot of stress, to all of us. As we begin the process of "reopening" here in Ohio, it is clear that we won't be returning to life as it was on March 1st. So now what?
Absolute Kinetics has always offered Telehealth, however we tend to see most of our patients in-office. In-office is the type of Physical Therapy care most of our patients (and the world!) are used to experiencing. However, as more patients have given Telehealth a try over the last two months, we have received great feedback. There is so much we can do over Telehealth! We can watch you move, have you send pictures and videos as needed, and most importantly, we can communicate with you. We can hear your story, your symptoms, your experiences. Believe it or not, what drives your care most is what you tell us, not what we see in an assessment or the diagnosis your doctor writes on a piece of paper. Listening and communicating effectively with patients is our greatest tool. Once we complete the assessment, we are able to provide education, exercises, and other tools to begin the rehab process, all through video chat over a HIPAA compliant platform.
As we move into this new reality, we want to offer every option possible to our patients to make sure they receive the care they need in a manner that is effective and that makes them feel comfortable. We will continue to offer Telehealth visits, which will consist of 45 minute evaluations and 30 minute follow up options. We are also resuming in-office visits. Our in-office visits are, as always, a full 60 minutes of one-on-one care. If you visit us in-office, the following is a list of what you can expect.
- There will be 15 minutes scheduled between patients so that all surfaces and equipment can be cleaned and sanitized appropriately.
- All visits will continue to be one-on-one. Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles until the therapist comes to the door to let them in for their appointment (the therapist will also call you).
- Patients and therapists will wash hands prior to the start of the therapy session. Hand washing will be used frequently by the therapist throughout the treatment session.
- Therapists and patients will wear masks. Patient temperature will also be checked prior to the appointment.
- We ask that if patients have been feeling ill, have had a fever, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, that they cancel their appointment. We will be waving all late cancellation fees at this time.
In addition to continuing to provide patients with one-on-one treatment options, we are working on creating new educational content including more blog posts, virtual webinars, and workshops. Stay tuned and if you have any requests for topics you would like us to discuss in a webinar or workshop, let us know!
If you have any questions about our policies, please reach out. If you are interested in scheduling a Telehealth or in-office visit with us, please contact us at (513) 208-2257 or email us at email@example.com.